Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

playing make believe

I always struggle with the balance of my "real" job versus my creative "job" (or what I hope to eventually turn into some semblance of job). Right now, my real job wins most of the time because it pays the bills, and my creative ventures are jammed into my evenings and weekends, and always leaves me feeling like there is never enough time.
Sidenote: most days, I do really like my "real job". I get to sit around looking at exotic vacation destinations most of the time, and I doubt I will ever give it up completely.

So today I took the day off from my real job, and spent the day pretending that I was a creative professional. And it felt right.

I took a break this morning and went out for a ski with my parents, something that I've been wanting to do all winter. It was an absolutely stunning morning on the trails.
 
I did actually get some work done after that, and finished up my website

It's been a wonderful day of make believe! Hopefully there will be many more days like this! 
 


1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing! Yes both the ski, and the new website. Way to go by putting it out there. You are amazing!!! (and I am not just saying that because I am your aunt)

    ReplyDelete