Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

a postcard from England

I never check the mail. I can go weeks without checking my mailbox. Even though its less than a minute walk from my door. Oh well.


On Saturday, I checked the mail (only because I am waiting for a parcel), and I was surprised to see an envelope with a beautiful face on it. Then I remembered, the Great Stitched Postcard Swap. Julia had emailed a few times a while back, letting me know it would be delayed, so it was a great surprise on the weekend to find it in my mailbox!




She transferred one of her paintings on to fabric and sewed it, it looks awesome. I love it! She said she is going to blog about it, so I'm waiting for that!

If only the mail was this fun everyday, then I would make the trip more often!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh Briana, am really glad it was worth the wait! It was new for me to try to transfer an image onto fabric, so a good learning experience. Hope all's good with you. Our minds must have been connected as we blogged about it more or less at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its nice to received personalize postcards from our loved ones. We should also try it personalizing in prints.

    ReplyDelete