Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

the start of sketchbook challenge

Hola. I've really enjoyed the weekend, following whatever creativeness was calling to me. Not stressing about other things I started that I really should finish.

I needed a daytimer to keep track of things, so I bought an ugly one from the Dollar store. I picked one that the calendar inside bit slipped out of the cover so I could make it a bit more pretty. I didn't want anything too elaborate, so I can just chuck it in my purse and not worry about it. I wrapped the cover in contact paper and stamped one of my favorite stamps on it in black staz on. I added an envelope inside the front cover to tuck any important pieces of paper. Done and done. Simple.


















I am not a drawer, but I want to practice it. I find it really hard, because I like things to be perfect, and they arn't. But I want to try different things and find my style. So I figure its a good idea to play along with The Sketchbook Challenge.
I am so lucky to have my wonderful sister, who is also my best friend. So (and I hope she is not insulted) I decided to try a whimsical cartoonish drawing from a photo of us together.







On another note, I am oh so excited for the One World One Heart Event!

No comments:

Post a Comment