Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy long weekend!

So I'm not sure when everyone got together and voted the may long weekend was going to be called May 2-4, but I must of missed it. Its just called, The May Long Weekend. And thats all there is to it.
Anywho. I decided to get my "May 2 -4 weekend" off to a good start, by procrastinating my huge to do list for Europe, and having some craftiness time instead.
Last night I stumbled across a video tutorial for a "meander book" (which lead to me watching about a gazillion you-tube videos about all sorts of mini books), and I was quite intrigued. I sat down tonight and made my own little meander book. I must say, I love it. Apart from using quite a bit of adhesive (I have an irrational fear of running out of adhesive), and being so tiny, I love it to death. Its so easy, simple, there are a million possibilites for decorating it. Since tonight I didn't have much time, I've left my pages blank, and just used designer paper for the covers. Since there arn't many pages (8 double spreads), you could easily paint/stamp each page, and it wouldn't be too labour intensive. Perfect for adding quotes, memories, little mementos etc. Love it.




Thats it for now, hopefully if I'm really productive on my Europe to do list, I will have time to get a few more projects out of my brain before I head off to Europe.


Have an absolutely fabulous may long weekend. Ciao!


1 comment:

  1. Hello Briana - I love the meander book.... I used to make these with the girls, but haven't made them for a long time - must try it again! I hope you manage to get all of your to do list for Europe done quickly. I also hope you have a great trip -I will be checking the blog. We have been having a good May Long Weekend - It's not a 2-4 weekend for me. Built a fire pit beside the house, so it can feel like I'm camping even when I am not.
    TTFN
    AK

    ReplyDelete