Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Buttercup Bag

Well today I made a bathing suit cover up dress (I will photograph and post later this week) and then a Buttercup Bag, with a free pattern on Made by Rae. I love this pattern, it only uses 1 fat quarter of your outer fabric, and part of 1 fat quarter for your lining. Maybe next time I will use a bit heavier weight fabric, or some interfacing; my bag is quite a bit floppier than the one in her picture, but I am very happy with it. Its a nice size and tucks under your arm quite nicely. With some of my left over fat quarter I decided to make a matching notebook. This notebook has 100 pages of heavy weight paper and a button and ribbon to keep it closed. I really love how it came out!




















Well one more day of creative free time before back to work. Thanks so much for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Briana - THe bag and book are great! Very Very Nice indeed - I wish I could see them in person rather than on a photograph. Hopefully one day. I look forward to seeing the dress as well. I am far behind in my portrait drawing and painting class, but I will try to get something done tomorrow (off work, but lots of chores to do).
    TTFN
    AK

    ReplyDelete